Decoupage Door With Newspaper

I was in my aunt's house and I really really love to decorate it. It's big but they don't have the time to decorate it. Did I tell you only girls lived in her house? And getting a carpenter to have something done would take months because we live in a small town and carpenters are only few. So, I dug some inspirations in pinterest and with few old newspaper at hand, I decoupaged her closet door (without her permission!) Good news though, she liked it and she wants me to paint her bedroom too. I would really love to do that in the next project!

Alright, here's the tools I used. I used a decoupage medium with 1/2 Elmer's Glue and 1/2 Water, some newspapers and a paintbrush. I consumed 1 glass jar for each closet door which includes 2 coats for finishing.

Here's how it looks like before:

Yeah, it's old and dull. You can say what you want, of course. Now, here's how it looks like after I've done the decoupaging.







It looks better and my eyes won't get sore looking at the old paint :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment